Greetings! Here’s our usual reflection on last week’s material and our look ahead to new things we will discuss and learn. I am definitely looking forward to the coming week, even though I can already feel myself falling behind!
This past week we finished up The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. Additionally, we looked at a poem about storms, and discussed some new books that I got my hands on during my trip Up North. Lastly, we discussed folklore in the form of the Dogman of Michigan.
As always, I did not get to everything I wanted this week, but such is life when you are a teacher, musician, and blogger!
For the upcoming week:
- Monday: I have been mulling this over, and I think I am going to begin summarizing and analyzing Alice in Wonderland. Mostly, I believe those particular posts give me a chance to read a new book I have been meaning to get to, and I really enjoyed breaking down The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
- Tuesday: We are going to summarize and analyze a poem about beginning new adventures.
- Wednesday: We are going to look at syntactical considerations.
- Thursday: We are going to read and take apart a short story.
- Friday: We are going discuss a fantastical film that is based on a book.
- Saturday: If we have time, we are going to take a look at a writing prompt and try some new engagement strategies.
- Sunday: Weekly wrap-up and a look ahead.
It’s going to be a busy week on the blog, so I do hope you stop by for a visit!